Psychometrist II - Neurology and Neurotherapeutics
Categories: Research & Laboratory Support
Department: Neurology & Neurotherap-NE ADC
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
Bachelor's degree in area of applied psychology or related field with two (2) years of testing or psychology related experience.
- Administers a broad spectrum of psychometric assessments to include highly technical individually administered neuropsychological batteries and individually administered psychologicical batteries and computer based tests as well as testing on Independent Medical Exams referred by insurance companies or legal cases under the general supervision of a psychologist or neuropsychologist.
- Evaluates and responds to patient's needs during evaluation; manages patient behavior and controls testing environment to ensure accuracy of performance.
- Consults with staff regarding unusual aspects of patient's needs during evaluation; manages patient behavior and controls testing environment to ensure accuracy of performance.
- Consents patients for inclusion in research.
- Scores psychological and neuropsychological tests according to normative standards and judgment by using test manuals and computer scoring programs.
- Records and compiles a summary of data and of patient's test results.
- Provides thorough documentation of observation of patient's behavior during testing; assists with quality control.
- Attends to routine administrative details relating to operation of a psychological clinic/laboratory.
- Assists in teaching trainees the proper methods of administration and scoring and how to record observations and respond to patients' behavior during testing sessions.
- Assists with research projects.
- Participates in consultations with other psychometrists and in statistical processing of research data and/or constructing or setting up psychological instrumentation.
This position will support the Memory and Cognition section of the Department of Neurology and Neurotherapeutics. The job duties would include completion of neuropsychological battery for research participants, scoring the assessments and preseting outcomes at weekly staffing meetings as a part of a consensus diagnosis and confirmation of inclusion criteria.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.