Quality Improvement Analyst
Department: University Hospitals
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
Experience and Education
Knowledge and experience with relational databases and data warehousing is required. Experience in Quality Improvement methodology desired. Advanced knowledge of MS Office Pro (including MS Access) highly desired. Experience with database systems such as SQL Server, MS Access, and statistical analysis tools such as SAS, STATA, or MS Excel (advanced) required.
2. Design, develop, and automate clinical quality and performance metrics. Maintain knowledge base of data requirements and measure definitions.
3. Serve as a content expert for clinical quality measures by keeping current with national healthcare quality program guidelines.
4. Extract, validate and summarize data from different large databases using data management and querying skills.
5. Analyze and organize data using appropriate analytical and statistical methods to efficiently track clinical processes and outcomes.
6. Assist in the interpretation of data to identify opportunities for improved healthcare delivery.
7. Participate in special projects as needed.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.