Regulatory Associate - Human Research Protection
Department: Irb Admin
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
Experience and Education
2. Review study protocols, informed consent documents, response to stipulations, and other study-related documentation, to assure conformance with all applicable requirements.
3. Provide working supervision, training, and guidance to lower-level Regulatory Assistants. Assign tasks and set work priorities. Review work for accuracy.
4. Administer expedited and exempt research review processes, including, but not limited to: intake of protocols and assessment of review level (with referral to full IRB/IACUC, when applicable); regular one-on-one meetings with IRB/IACUC Chairs for final determinations; drafting correspondence to investigators regarding IRB/IACUC determinations.
5. Provide consultation and technical assistance to investigators and study personnel regarding requirements for IRB/IACUC submissions, performance of studies, and documentation of compliance. Serve as an information resource to the campus about human subject protection and/or animal care and use.
6. Participate in development of and/or updates to IRB/IACUC guidance, office procedures/business processes, related forms, database improvements, and other quality assurance activities.
Perform other duties as assigned.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.