Research Assistant I - Neuroscience
Categories: Research & Laboratory Support
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
Master's degree with major coursework in field of assignment and no experience required.
Bachelor's degree with major coursework in field of assignment and one (1) year research experience at level of Research Technician or equivalent.
Two (2) years college with emphasis in coursework in field of assignment and four (4) years research experience including two (2) years at level of Research Technician or equivalent.
High school graduation or GED and six (6) years research experience to include two (2) years at level of Research Technician or equivalent.
- Performs more difficult scientific and medical research work in science area such as biology, chemistry, physics, or other related scientific field.
- Constructs, assembles, and operates laboratory equipment and apparatus.
- Records and evaluates data obtained from work assignments for use in scientific papers.
- Collaborates with supervisor or other research personnel in preparation of scientific papers for publication.
- Reads literature and confers with supervisor concerning procedures and implementation.
- Collects and organizes research data for project reports.
- May plan for, and provide working supervision to, work of Research Technicians or other laboratory personnel of lower grade.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
Biochemistry: Western blotting; Imunoprecipation; Chromatin immunoprecipitation; GST pulldown; Protein purification.
Cell Biology: Mammalian cell culture; Immunofluorescence; Flow cytometry; Cell transfection; Lentivirum/Adenovirus production and transfection; bacteria transformation; Cell counting; Cell synchronization; Survival efficiency analysis; RNA interference.
Molecular Biology: RNA-sequencing; Single-cell RNA-sequencing; ChlP-sequencing; Molecular cloning; Crispr/Cas9; Domain deletion; DNA/RNA purification; Reverse transcription PCR; Quantitative Real-Time PCR.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.