Research Assistant I - Obstetrics & Gynecology - Green Center
Categories: Research & Laboratory Support
Department: OB Gyn Green Center
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
Experience and Education
Bachelor's degree with major coursework in field of assignment and one (1) year research experience at level of Research Technician or equivalent.
Two (2) years college with emphasis in coursework in field of assignment and four (4) years research experience including two (2) years at level of Research Technician or equivalent.
High school graduation or GED and six (6) years research experience to include two (2) years at level of Research Technician or equivalent.
Constructs, assembles, and operates laboratory equipment and apparatus.
Records and evaluates data obtained from work assignments for use in scientific papers.
Collaborates with supervisor or other research personnel in preparation of scientific papers for publication.
Reads literature and confers with supervisor concerning procedures and implementation.
Collects and organizes research data for project reports.
May plan for, and provide working supervision to, work of Research Technicians or other laboratory personnel of lower grade.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Ideal candidate will meet the following -
- Minimum of two years in lab experience including experience with mouse research models and/or genomics and protein chemistry are preferred
- Proficiency in basic chemical, molecular, biochemical, and mammalian cell culture techniques
- Basic computing skills, including familiarity with programs for data input or word processing (MS Excel, Word)
- Visual concentration and manual dexterity are highly preferred
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work carefully with hazardous chemicals and biohazards
- Personable, flexible, possess excellent organizational and written/oral communication skills, be able to multi-task, and take pride in providing exceptional service while working in a team-oriented environment."
To the extent provided by applicable law, no person shall be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or be subject to discrimination under any program or activity sponsored or conducted by The University of Texas System or any of its component institutions, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or disability.