Research Technician I - Molecular Biology - Division H
Categories: Research & Laboratory Support
Department: Mlclr Blgy Div H
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
Completion of two (2) years of college or specialized training in histology, medical technology, or relevant field and one (1) year experience as Laboratory Technical Assistant or equivalent.
High school graduation including courses in basic sciences such as physics, chemistry, biology, etc., and three (3) years of laboratory experience including two years as Laboratory Technical Assistant or equivalent.
- Assists in conducting experiments and working on research problems in such fields as physiology, bacteriology, tissue culture, chemistry and other related fields by performing basic, routine, and least complex procedures as prescribed by supervisor.
- Assembles and/or operates various laboratory equipment and apparatus.
- Records resulting data in accordance with established methods. Confers with supervisor concerning results obtained and modifies procedures in accordance with instruction of supervisor.
- Assist with basic laboratory needs and experiments in the Tagliabracci Lab.
- Perform routine scientific research in the areas of biochemistry, cell biology, molecular biology or other related scinetific field.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Seeking candidates with experience in SDS-PAGE loading and running, Western Blot analysis, PCR and molecular biology, work with animals, and cell culture.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.