Research Technician II - Internal Medicine - Touchstone Diabetes Center
Categories: Research & Laboratory Support
Department: Touchstone Diabetes Center
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
Bachelor's degree with major coursework in field of assignment and no experience required.
Two (2) years college with emphasis in coursework in field of assignment and two (2) years of laboratory experience at level of Laboratory Technical Assistant or equivalent.
High school graduation or GED and four (4) years laboratory experience to include two (2) years at level of Laboratory Technical Assistant or equivalent.
- Performs routine scientific and medical research work in science area such as biology, chemistry, physics, or other related scientific field.
- Assembles and/or operates various laboratory equipment and apparatus.
- Records research data in accordance with prescribed procedures, discussing results with supervisor.
- Assists in collection of data for project reports.
- Reads literature and confers with supervisor concerning implementation of new procedures.
- May plan for, and provide working supervision to, work of laboratory personnel of lower grade engaged in limited phase of research project.
- Assist in sample preparation of biological samples for Mass Spectrometry Analysis.
- Keep track of sample submission by users, organization fo sample queues, and sample storage in 80 freezers.
- After completion of training period, assist in setting up analytical batches in the mas septormetry system.
- Laboratory housekeeping, organization and supervision of consumables.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate must be very reliable and have a personalbe personality. Very good communication skills and strong work ethic. Excellent attention to details is an essential skill. Being able to perform repetitive tasks during long hours and work independently.
We are a laboratory that provides sample analysis services to investigators at UTSW/MC and worldwide research groups. Only candidates with a long term commitment will be considered.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.