Research Technician II - Obstetrics & Gynecology - Green Center
Categories: Research & Laboratory Support
Department: OB Gyn Green Center
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
Bachelor's degree with major coursework in field of assignment and no experience required.
Two (2) years college with emphasis in coursework in field of assignment and two (2) years of laboratory experience at level of Laboratory Technical Assistant or equivalent.
High school graduation or GED and four (4) years laboratory experience to include two (2) years at level of Laboratory Technical Assistant or equivalent.
- Performs routine scientific and medical research work in science area such as biology, chemistry, physics, or other related scientific field.
- Assembles and/or operates various laboratory equipment and apparatus.
- Records research data in accordance with prescribed procedures, discussing results with supervisor.
- Assists in collection of data for project reports.
- Reads literature and confers with supervisor concerning implementation of new procedures.
- May plan for, and provide working supervision to, work of laboratory personnel of lower grade engaged in limited phase of research project.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
Candidates with a Bachelor's degree or equivalent are preferred. A minimum of one year of laboratory experience working with and performing mamalian cell culture is preferred. Proficient in basic chemical, molecular, biochemical and cell culture techniques. Basic computing skills, including familarity with programs for data input or word processing(MS Excel, Word). Visual concentration and maual dexterity is required. Must be well organized and detail oriented. Must have ability to work carefully with hazardous chemicals and biohazards. Must be personable, flexible, possess excellent organizational and written/oral communication skills. Ability to multi-task and take prided in providing exceptional service whiled working in a team-oriented enviornment.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.