Research Technician II - Pediatric Hematology - Oncology
Categories: Research & Laboratory Support
Department: Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
Bachelor's degree with major coursework in field of assignment and no experience required.
Two (2) years college with emphasis in coursework in field of assignment and two (2) years of laboratory experience at level of Laboratory Technical Assistant or equivalent.
High school graduation or GED and four (4) years laboratory experience to include two (2) years at level of Laboratory Technical Assistant or equivalent.
- Performs routine scientific and medical research work in science area such as biology, chemistry, physics, or other related scientific field.
- Assembles and/or operates various laboratory equipment and apparatus.
- Records research data in accordance with prescribed procedures, discussing results with supervisor.
- Assists in collection of data for project reports.
- Reads literature and confers with supervisor concerning implementation of new procedures.
- May plan for, and provide working supervision to, work of laboratory personnel of lower grade engaged in limited phase of research project.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is in Dr. Amatruda's laboratory in the Division of Pediatric Hematology-Oncology. We are seeking a candidate to perform experiments in vivo and in vitro as well as maintain a detailed lab notebook. We value candidates who are professional, self-motivated, organized, dedicated, independent, and with strong communication and interpersonal skills. The candidate is also expected to be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.