Risk Manager (RN)- Office of Legal Affairs
Categories: Professional, Nursing
Department: Ofc of VP Legal Affairs
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
Experience and Education
2. Assists faculty, residents, students, and employees with questions and problems concerning patient communications, risk management, potential liability and direction provided by administrative policies. Provides support for quality review processes.
3. Reviews and prepares medical records for legal review; evaluates cases for legal merit and coordinates expert reviews; assists with discovery responses and location of requested documentation.
4. Prepares, or assists in preparing, Professional Liability Committee agendas and materials; participates in Professional Liability Committee meetings.
5. Coordinates management of patient concerns with counterparts at affiliated institutions.
6. Assists with risk management presentations to faculty, residents, and employees.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.