RN - Clinical Educator
Department: University Hospitals
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
Experience and Education
2. In conjunction with the managers, directors, and clinical leaders, assess, develop, and implement immediate and future learning needs of the unit/department/organization.
3. Models behaviors that reflect life long learning at the local/national level: welcoming students/instructors and identify resources for them, coach staff through clinical advancement processes, fostering the use of evidence-based practice.
4. Serves as a resource to clinical leaders by identifying educational needs of staff, as they relate to changes in service, equipment, or technique.
5. Implements programs to meet educational needs, which may include identifying available internal and external resources
6. Fosters competence and professional growth of staff by facilitating the adoption of practice and policy changes and serving as a role model for interdisciplinary care and education of the patient and family.
7. Provides an appropriate environment for learning. Facilitates adult learning principles by planning and presenting educational activities in a variety of styles.
8. Demonstrate continuous performance improvement in targeted areas of responsibility in alignment with the overall annual Hospital performance improvement targets.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.