Categories: Administrative / Clerical Support
Department: University Hospitals
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
Experience and Education
Maintains Operating Room change log and notifies appropriate team members of changes in timely manner.
Transcribes and maintains confidentiality of vital patient information. Transcribes complete and accurate data transcription from Operating Room record to Operating Room log. Documents all requests for special equipment.
Answers telephone in professional manner and communicates any and all messages and/or changes regarding surgery schedule in appropriate and timely manner.
Operates office equipment such as telephone, beeper, computer, printer, fax machine and xerox machine. Operates computer software applications effectively and proficiently.
Completes special reports and projects in timely manner.
Organizes and prioritizes scheduling tasks based on identified need. Performs scheduling duties in manner that is cost effective without compromising quality patient care.
Serves as professional and technical subject matter expert and resource person.
Provides administrative and scheduling support to surgery staff and physicians.
Performs other duties as assigned.
1) Answers, and screens incoming telephone calls, providing information or referring callers as appropriate regarding procedure activities and services; provide specific information to patients regarding clinic procedures.
2) Obtains all pertinent clinical information required for the scheduling of procedures including history and diagnosis. Ensures with each call the appropriate prep instructions are relayed to the caller based on the procedure scheduled and its specific protocol
3) Works closely with Management, Radiologists, Techs and Nurses to ensure efficient scheduling of all resources
4) Communicates timely information to Ordering Physician's Office pertaining to outpatient scheduling conflicts, rescheduled appointments and no shows.
5) Screens patients for contraindications in all Imaging Services Modalities. Notifies appropriate staff all potential safety related issues.
6) Maintains an outpatient scheduling error rate of less than 2% of the total patients scheduled.
7) Ensure all procedures for designated modality (is) are scheduled as written on order or prescription received from the referring location and within the scheduling protocols and established practice patterns as they relate to resource utilization.
8) Use Epic System to generate new medical record numbers and obtain pertinent patient information including demographics, insurance and lab results.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.