Scientific Programmer I- Bioinformatics
Categories: Information Technology
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
Experience and Education
2.Analyzes, curates, and debugs codes written by other programmers and scientists.
3.Analyzes and integrates existing commercial and open-source software solutions with tailored in-house software solutions.
4.Programs databases according to design specifications of data models using state-of-the-art languages to access databases.
5.Integrates scientific software packages with database solutions.
6.Designs and develops user interfaces to scientific software packages.
7.Develops web- and app-interfaces to scientific software packages.
Preferred experience and other duties:
- You will work along with BICF team to create the foundation and design academic websites and will maintain data and pipelines
- Clean and design clinical or research data structure, and then organize them in the format of database.
- Design and implement online tools involved in biostatistical analysis.
- Design and implement online database system and its web portal. Highly security strategy is required considering sensitive clinical data.
- Designs and implement reusable UI components and writes quality code (including HTML, CSS, and JS)
- 1-3 years of experience developing highly interactive, web applications and passionate for UI/UX and responsive design.
- You should have at least one server scripting experience, and will need to be able to write clean, effective, easily maintained code.
- Strong understanding of browser/device capabilities and limitations
- Strong knowledge of website security and online database protection.
- Experience building responsive web pages using CSS frameworks (LESS/SASS, Bootstrap, Foundation, etc)
- Creative knowledge of software UI design principles and passion about developing great user experiences
- Self-starter with the potential to collaborate with designers, developers, program managers and testers
- Knowledge of current trends and best practices in front-end architecture, including performance, accessibility, and usability
- It will be good if you have an eye for great UI and the ability to recommend changes to fix usability issues
- Experience with MVC Framework, Data API (SQL, XML, Web services, etc.)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Good communication skills so you can express your awesome ideas and communicate them to other people
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.