Scientific Programmer II
Categories: Information Technology
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field OR B.S. with demonstrated experience in software development projects. Two (2) years post-graduation experience in software development.
- Develops computer code for scientific software packages according to defined code design specifications, both in individual assignments and in team efforts with multiple developers using state-of-the-art programming languages.
- Contributes to the code design specifications of scientific software packages.
- Analyzes, curates, and debugs codes written by other programmers and scientists.
- Redesigns the logic of codes written by other programmers and scientists.
- Analyzes and integrates existing commercial and open-source software solutions with tailored in-house software solutions.
- Programs databases according to design specifications of data models using state-of-the-art languages to access databases.
- Contributes to the formulation of data models.
- Integrates scientific software packages with database solutions.
- Designs and implements user interfaces to scientific software packages.
- Designs and implements web- and app-interfaces to scientific software packages.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Programmer within the Department of Bioinformatics, on the Bioinformatics core facility team, working on the clinical sequencing project.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.