Senior Administrative Assistant II - Office of the Vice President for Clinical Operations
Categories: Administrative / Clerical Support
Department: Ofc of VP Clinical Operations
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
High school graduate and four (4) years related work experience are required.
May perform some or all of the following:
- Provides moderately complex administrative skills for a department.
- Prepares, maintains and posts records, reports and budget information.
- Prepares or directs the preparation of charts, graphs, and administrative, fiscal, personnel, and/or statistical reports.
- Selects office vendors and monitors purchasing processes.
- May assist with overflow work from administrative and executive assistants and fill in for the office receptionist as needed.
- Schedules and organizes activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities for members of the department.
- Composes and processes repetitive and non-repetitive documents in accordance to established procedures.
- Organizes office procedures to ensure effective operation.
- Acts as department liaison with other departments and agencies.
- Processes all personnel and purchasing transactions following institutional policies and procedures.
- Determines work priorities and monitors progress toward work deadlines.
- Ensures document retention processes are followed using established guidelines.
1. Answer main phone lines for the Patient Assistance Office (PAO) and Office of the V.P. for Clinical Operations and direct calls to appropriate personnel.
3. Proofread and print patient correspondence for signature
4. Maintain database of all patient correspondence sent by the PAO and Office of the V.P. for Clinical Operations
5. Fully responsible for preparing quarterly physician recognition letters which are signed by the V.P. for Clinical Operations
6. Assist with the institutional process of notifying patients when a physician leaves the practice
7. Assist with patient notification of clinic relocations
8. Order supplies for the PAO and the Office of the V.P. for Clinical Operations
9. Ensure invoices for the PAO and Office of the V.P. for Clinical Operations are submitted and paid timely
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.