Senior Administrative Assistant II - Southwestern Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
Categories: Administrative / Clerical Support
Department: Southwestern Graduate School
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
High school graduate and four (4) years related work experience are required.
May perform some or all of the following:
- Provides moderately complex administrative skills for a department.
- Prepares, maintains and posts records, reports and budget information.
- Prepares or directs the preparation of charts, graphs, and administrative, fiscal, personnel, and/or statistical reports.
- Selects office vendors and monitors purchasing processes.
- May assist with overflow work from administrative and executive assistants and fill in for the office receptionist as needed.
- Schedules and organizes activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities for members of the department.
- Composes and processes repetitive and non-repetitive documents in accordance to established procedures.
- Organizes office procedures to ensure effective operation.
- Acts as department liaison with other departments and agencies.
- Processes all personnel and purchasing transactions following institutional policies and procedures.
- Determines work priorities and monitors progress toward work deadlines.
- Ensures document retention processes are followed using established guidelines.
- To support the undergraduate research programs of the graduate school - Green Fellows and Summer Undergraduate Research Program (SURF): monitor and compile program applications; administer associated flowthrough grants; correspond with institutions nation-wide for recruitment of applicants via mass mailings; secure logding with Contracts Mgmnt. for summer program (3mos period); assist with HCM onboarding processes for participants; secure space for various seminars, workshops and poster sessions for undergraduate programs; assist with payroll setup; process associated expenditures. 2. To support Office of Postdoctoral Affairs - Works under direction to coordinate administration of educational programs of department or unit, such as postdoctoral fellowship programs; maintain alumni database; assist with Outcomes reporting; assist with onboarding process of postdoctoral scholars; support Asst. Dean of Postdoctoral Affairs.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.