Senior Drafting Technician
Categories: Skilled Trade / Engineering
Department: Interior Design Admin
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
Experience and Education
Draws proposed office and laboratory space from information provided by users.
Measures and records square footage of renovated areas; makes blueprints from drawings, trims finished prints, and binds into sets.
Measures rooms and locates building details needed to complete drawings.
Changes existing drawings to show newly renovated areas.
Draws wiring diagrams and makes schematic drawings.
Designs and produces drawings for construction of special cabinets and furniture.
Draws charts and forms for internal department use, and/or maintains room numbering system on drawings.
Files drawings and maintains file cabinets in order and up to date. Delivers drawings to various departments.
Work may require working supervision of positions in lower grade.
Performs other duties as assigned.
The Planning & Design Group within UT Southwestern is looking for a talented Revit, Photoshop, and graphic professional for their team. The ideal candidate will work on a team, and contribute to both design and technical modeling of projects.
Major Duties Include:
- Work with internal team to create design in ACAD. Revit models of design
- Knowledge and proficiency of AutoCAD 2015, Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Create families and standards in Revit
- Participate in the design execution of projects.
- 3+ years of experience in drafting
- Past experience in the Architectural and Design industry preferably experience in hospital experience, academic and laboratory project types.
- Examples of Revit software rendering work experience preferred but not required
40-hours work week. Great benefits, work-life balance, company
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.