Senior Education Coordinator - Anesthesiology & Pain Management
Categories: Administrative / Clerical Support
Department: Anesthesiology & Pain Mgmt
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
Bachelor's Degree in Education, Healthcare Administration or related field and six (6) years of relevant experience in Resident, Medical Student and/or Subspecialty Training.
- Oversees daily operations for multiple educational programs to including but not limited to department residency, clinical subspecialty fellowships, medical student rotations, summer student internships, post-doctoral research fellowships and research training programs. This includes participation in the match program, recruitment of other trainees, development and e oversight of orientation of new trainees, training and evaluation of administrative staff who assist in this endeavor, implementing testing and evaluation of trainees.
- Designs evaluations for programs and creates reports to interpret the results. Creates advertisements for programs and monitors their publication. Represents the various educational programs at existing local and national meetings.
- Creates, reviews, and maintains policies and procedures related to all educational endeavors. Ensures compliance with accrediting agency standards as well as university and departmental policies regarding education. Acts as a resource to faculty, residents, medical students, and fellows regarding the interpretation and implementation of these policies.
- Develops and oversees budgets for the various educational programs as well as individualized educational stipends and research grant allotments for each trainee. Tracks, approves, and creates financial reports to summarize expenditures for each program ensuring that affiliated contracts regarding education are sufficient to meet program needs.
- Develops short and long term business plans for the Educational Programs and the departmental education unit. Creates reports to track progress and identify deviations from the business plan. Develop plans for new educational program endeavors and designs comparative studies of external programs for leadership review.
- Oversees the maintenance of all educational program records including preparation of complex reports for accrediting agencies and university administration, providing statistical analysis of educational programs within the department and administering malpractice coverage.
- Responsible for design, execution, and effectiveness of system of internal controls, which provides reasonable assurance that operations are effective and efficient, assets are safeguarded, and financial information is reliable.
- Ensures compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- May supervise clerical and administrative support staff; may oversee training and orientation of staff; may determines work priorities; may evaluates work progress and production.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.