Senior Finance Analyst
Department: University Hospitals
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
Experience and Education
2.Prepares and/or supervises preparation of monthly financial reports and performs monthly cost accounting processes as assigned.
3.Identifies areas of opportunity, presents findings, and makes recommendations to upper management.
4.Prepares financial models and conducts financial analyses.
5.May maintain controls for policies and procedures for financial system; develops and maintains delegation of authority of various procedures, such as check requests, refunds, invoice approval, bad debt write-offs, etc.
6.Completes more complex special projects as requested.
1. Assists with monthly processing of data in to the cost accounting system, focusing on reconciliation between Epic billing system, GL and EPSi. Prepare reconciliation report during monthly processing of data in to cost accounting system.
2. Works with departmental clinical and business personnel to develop analysis of elements of cost and application of those costs to the services provided by the department. Analysis to be utilized for reporting, budgeting, management and pricing.
3. Develop analysis templates for use by decision support staff and managers throughout the Health System. Provide training in the use of these templates and on financial analysis in general.
4. Assists in updating allocation/stat methodologies in the EPSi cost accounting system. Assists with monthly RVU analysis of new procedures, medical supplies and Pharmacy items.
5. Maintains quarterly dashboard reports used by Hospital Leadership to view service line performance.
6. Provide analytical support for special projects and data requests.
7. Assists with maintaining and promoting the integrity of the cost accounting system.
8. Prepare presentations and ad hoc reports as required.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.