Senior Financial Analyst - Pediatrics
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or other related field and four (4) years progressively responsible experience in finance and/or accounting with experience in planning, forecasting, and financial analysis.
1. Completes variety of complex monthly financial management reports and reviews all reports for errors and inconsistencies; analyzes variations in forecasts and actual performance; determines reasons for variance; develops recommendations for improvement; completes written summaries of financial data.
2. Prepares and/or supervises preparation of monthly financial reports, schedules for annual financial reports, and reports to various government agencies, ensuring conformance of such reports with applicable procedures and regulations of University of Texas System and Federal and State agencies.
3. Identifies areas of poor performance, presents findings, and makes recommendations to upper management.
4. Prepares financial models and conducts financial analyses.
5. May maintain controls for policies and procedures for financial system; develops and maintains delegation of authority of various procedures, such as check requests, refunds, invoice approval, bad debt write-offs, etc.
6. Completes more complex special projects as requested.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
To the extent provided by applicable law, no person shall be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or be subject to discrimination under any program or activity sponsored or conducted by The University of Texas System or any of its component institutions, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or disability.