SENIOR PHARMACIST - RETAIL @ MONCRIEF CENTER - FT.WORTH, TX
Categories: Allied Health Professionals
Department: University Hospitals
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
- Bachelors degree or PharmD from an ACPE accredited school of pharmacy and five (5) years pharmacist experience in respective setting. Licensed by the Texas State Board of Pharmacy (TSBP), Designated Pharmacist-in-Charge (PIC) by TSBP, Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, course accredited by the American Heart Association (AHA).- Sterile compounding (IV) certification accredited by ACPE.
1. Manages operations of pharmacy as the Pharmacist in Charge with TSBP, including supervising Pharmacist(s) and Pharmacy Technician(s). Performs job responsibilities in accordance with organizational and departmental policies, procedures, performance improvement objectives and environmental/infection control standards as well as state and federal laws and regulations.
2. Performs all computer order entry in an accurate, thorough and timely manner. Reviews/updates medication profiles (therapies, allergies, height, weight, etc) and is cognizant of patient charges.
3. Reviews medication orders for therapeutic appropriateness, duplications, interactions, overall effectiveness and safety. Seeks clarification if necessary and documents interventions (i.e. ADR).
4. Consistently works (multi-tasks) and problem solves independently and effectively with minimal supervision. Takes charge when necessary and is looked to for direction. Makes the right decisions and uses good judgment. Is cross trained and multifunctional maintaining competency in multiple areas.
5. Procures drugs, devices, and pharmaceutical materials necessary for treatment of patients; maintains accurate control and accountability for all pharmaceutical materials as required by applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
6. Communicates drug information (verbally and in writing) to physicians, nurses, etc in a courteous and professional manner. Assists in patient/family education and counseling regarding drug therapy and side effects.
7. Manages technicians and all other supportive personnel. Delegates appropriate/reasonable tasks and validates accuracy of medications . Audits and signs out all controlled substances in accordance with state/federal guidelines and organizational policies. Investigates and corrects discrepancies and unusual usage patterns/trends. Oversees and maintains system for compounding, sterility assurance, quality assurance, and quality control of sterile pharmaceuticals.
8. Actively enhances personal growth and development by participating in educational programs, in-services and meetings. Actively participates in new employee orientation and training. Willingly takes on additional projects as needs develop.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
Current Pharmacy operations are Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM - 5 PM however subject to change due to patients' needs.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.