Simulation Center Manager - Office of EVP Academic Affairs & Provost
Department: Office of ExecVP for AC Aff
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
Experience and Education
Master's degree in business or healthcare administration, or related field and five years of related experienced.
Past experience in healthcare is strongly preferred. Experience in medical education, training, simulation, medical technology, and/or information technology are also preferred.
2. Responsible for department budgeting activities and coordinates department financial operations including providing required budgetary and financial reports.
3. Coordinates the department's physical resource utilization including space planning, utilization of department resources, and other property maintenance providing project management oversight in the setup and establishment of new laboratories, offices or clinical space.
4. Assists in the development of both long and short term strategic plans for the simulation center and provides quarterly reports on simulation utilization and research activities.
5. Coordinates meetings of stakeholders and follow-up on work plans.
6. In collaboration with the Office of Human Resources, administers human resource activities to include coordinating the recruitment, appointment, credentialing, international visas, promotion and tenure actions and evaluation of educational appointees, staff and faculty. Establishes, develops and implements departmental performance standards taking all actions necessary to assure standards are met.
7. Creates, revises, and maintains a system for organizing all simulation descriptions, including standard operating protocols (SOP's) for each simulation.
8. Develops and maintains a system for tracking center usage, performance data, curriculum completion, and feedback/evaluations.
9. Partners with Information Resources to integrate data and technology platforms into all center activities.
10. Oversees faculty development and train-the-trainer activities.
11. Oversees the regulatory aspects of center activities including compliance with IRB and other institutional requirements.
12. Oversees the collection of data on learning outcomes for simulation exercises and collaborates with faculty and staff on disseminating findings.
13. Oversight of all equipment, warranties, software/modules upgrades, supplies, and appropriate inventory of teaching sessions materials for the simulation center.
14. Oversees and maintains accreditation of the center according to national standards.
15. Creates and maintains center website and other communications.
16. Formulate and update work plans and timelines to ensure work meets the standards for quality and accuracy.
17. May supervise and train simulation team staff.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.