SPA Research Services Administrator II - Sponsored Programs Administration
Department: Pst Awrd Admin
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
Bachelor's degree in business administration, public administration, or related field and two (2) years of experience in business, finance, or public administration with emphasis on customer service.
Has responsibilities performing tasks at the intermediate level for pre-award and/or post-award services or outreach functions within Sponsored Programs Administration.
1. Provides funding opportunity information to potential applicants at the university. Provides guidance to researchers for basic proposal development and submission by interpreting sponsor and university announcements and guidelines on application preparation and content by reviewing proposals for completeness and adherence to guidelines. May provide backup to Research Award Accountants in setup of awards. Provides award lifecycle support to researchers by interpreting award conditions, obtaining approvals and preparing award changes, no-cost extensions, progress reports and non-financial reports.
Agreements and Clinical Research
2. Drafts and negotiates contract agreements with various agencies including state and federal government, private organizations, pharmaceutical companies, and biotechnology companies to execute agreements satisfactory to all parties. Provides guidance and assistance to researchers as necessary for implementation and negotiation of research contracts, including grant agreements, confidential disclosure agreements, consulting agreements and master agreements. May provide backup to Research Award Accountants in setup of awards. Responsible for processing risk assessments for subrecicpient monitoring. Monitors status of contracts for completion.
Post-Award Research Award Accountants
3. Reviews research funding information by reading guidelines, identifying sponsor regulations and policies as well as negotiating and processing awards. Provides post-award support to departments by assisting with award changes, providing reports, completing budget changes related to grants and contracts. Prepares and/or approves on-line forms regarding expenditures, journal vouchers, or budget review as prescribed by accounting compliance procedures. Reviews award accounts to track budget changes, burn rate and to perform clean-up as indicated in the daily exception reports including preparing monthly, quarterly and/or annual financial status reports, schedules or spreadsheets as required.
4. Prepares specific agency financial reports by reviewing and reconciling grant financial activity for compliance with state, federal and sponsor guidelines. Prepares final financial reports and insures all required documents are submitted. Reviews financial activity for reasonable, allocable and allowable guidelines.
5. May prepare fixed and scheduled bill plans to ensure all invoices are sent timely and accurately. Award closeout work with full understanding of sponsor guidelines, period of availability, letter of credit, final financial reports and payment management system. May be responsible for monitoring activities related to Post-Award programs or projects.
6. Familiarity with broad knowledge of the entire award life cycle. Provides assistance gathering information needed to answer pre and post-award inquiries. Supports ServiceNow issues by routing, working and closing service tickets.
All RSA II
7. May have single pod assignment and rotate schedules in Office Hours for campus research support.
The position will be integral in processing and monitoring sub-recipient activity and invoicing which occurs with the agreements by our research departments.
It will also be directly involved in the process of preparing and validating our federal drawdown requests by processes in PeopleSoft and incorporation of the Payment Management System.
It also assists with processing Clinical Trial payments.
Performs other duties as assigned.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.