SPA Research Services Administrator III - Sponsored Programs Administration - Post Award
Department: Pst Awrd Admin
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
Bachelor's degree in business administration, public administration, or related field and four (4) years of experience in business, finance, or public administration with emphasis on customer service. Advanced degree, and/or Certified Research Administrator (CRA) designation preferred.
Has responsibilities of performing tasks at the advanced level for pre-award and/or post-award services or outreach functions within Sponsored Programs Administration.
1. Provides guidance to researchers for proposal development and submission by interpreting and ensuring adherence to sponsor and university guidelines.
2. Provides award lifecycle support to researchers by interpreting award conditions, obtaining approvals and preparing award changes, no-cost extensions, progress reports and non-financial reports.
3. May provide backup to Research Award Accountants in setup of awards.
4. Independently reviews and approves complex proposals.
Agreements and Clinical Research5. Drafts and negotiates contract agreements with various agencies including state and federal government, private organizations, pharmaceutical companies, and biotechnological companies to execute agreements satisfactory to all parties.
6. Helps with financial items through negotiating terms and condition.
7. May provide backup to Research Award Accountants in setup of awards.
8. Provides guidance and assistance to researchers as necessary for implementation and negotiation of research contracts, including grant agreements, confidential disclosure agreements, consulting agreements and master agreements.
9. Processes advanced-level contracts following institutional and sponsor guidelines including CFDA (Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance), FFATA (Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act) and other research requirements.
10. Processes master agreements of various types.
11. Responsible for risk assessments involved in sub recipient monitoring.
Post-AwardResearch Award Accountants
12. Provides post-award support to departments by assisting with award changes, providing reports, completing budget changes related to grants and contracts.
13. Processes awards and prepares and/or approves on-line forms regarding expenditures, journal vouchers, or budget review as prescribed by accounting compliance procedures.
14. Reviews award accounts to assist departments with financial management of their awards.
15. Furnishes data for general ledger accounts or further analysis related to various financial activities.
Reporting16. Prepares specific agency financial reports by reviewing and reconciling grant financial activity for compliance with state, federal and sponsor guidelines.
17. Prepares more complex program financial reports and insures all required documents are submitted or completes advanced analysis as required.
18. May provide training to peers and/or other departments as related to a post-award programs or specific agencies.
Billing19. Has advanced understanding of sponsor guidelines, period of availability, letter of credit, financial reports and Payment Management System.
20. Monitors activities related to post-award program projects.
21. Has advanced knowledge of allowable and allocable costs, cost transfers and payroll confirmation.
22. May be responsible for specific billing programs, compliance reports and analysis as required by an institution or agency.
Outreach23. Understands fully the award life cycle and provides support to all areas within Sponsored Programs.
24. Supports ServiceNow issues by routing, working and closing service tickets.
25. Provides assistance at Office Hours for campus research support and Departmental Pod support.
26. Completes forms in PeopleSoft or eGrants, to assist both pre- and post-award functions.
27. Assists providing transactional documentation for program reports or as needed for institutional audits.
Performs other duties as assigned.
This position will be working with our Research Financial Compliance Team. This team reviews and monitors transactions of compliance risk areas of research administration.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.