Research Services Administrator IV- Sponsored Programs Administration- Post Award
Categories: Professional, Research & Laboratory Support
Department: Pst Awrd Admin
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
Bachelor's degree in business administration, public administration, or related field and seven (7) years of experience in business, finance, or public administration with emphasis on customer service. Advanced degree, and/or Certified Research Administrator (CRA) designation preferred.
- Works independently performing various assignments and projects for pre-award and/or post-award services or outreach functions within Sponsored Programs Administration. Leads projects and is accountable for ongoing tasks or objectives.
- Serves as the subject matter expert and team lead.
- Provides supervision, training or staff development to peers or to campus. Also reviews work of team members.
- Monitors, reports and analyzes metrics to identify corrective action as needed to assure team performance is met.
- Reviews efficiencies of tasks for process improvement.
- Pre-Award Proposals 6. Delivers high-level guidance to researchers for proposal development and submission by interpreting and ensuring adherence to sponsor and university guidelines.
- Oversees award lifecycle support to researchers by interpreting award conditions, obtaining approvals and prepares award modifications, and completing required non-financial reports.
- Independently reviews and approves complex proposals as well as acts as a reviewer for the Research Proposals team.
- Agreements and Clinical Research 9. Drafts and negotiates contract agreements with various agencies including state and federal government, private organizations, pharmaceutical companies, and biotechnological companies to execute agreements satisfactory to all parties.
- Understands reporting requirements under CFDA (Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance), FFATA (Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act) as well as IRB/IACUC (Institutional Review Board/Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee) to assure compliance.
- Manages complex contracts following institutional and sponsor guidelines.
- Processes master agreements of various types.
- Oversees risk assessment process involved in sub recipient monitoring.
- Post-Award Research Award Accountants 14. Provides post-award support to departments by monitoring award changes, reviewing reports, and approving budget changes related to grants and contracts.
- Oversees award setups, reviews and/or approves on-line forms regarding expenditures, journal vouchers, or budget review as prescribed by accounting compliance procedures.
- Reviews awards and provides reconciliations to the research departments to assist with financial management in accordance to federal, state, institutional and sponsor guidelines.
- Extrapolates data from general ledger accounts and provides complex analysis related to various financial activities.
- Has comprehensive understanding of audit requirements regarding reasonable, allowable and allocable principles on research awards.
- Demonstrates knowledge of state, federal and university guidelines through accurate and efficient completion of monthly, quarterly and annual financial status reports.
- Provides oversight in review of financial reports and Payment Management System.
- Provides leadership to continuously streamline and document procedures for private, state and federal grant guidelines for award reporting and closeout.
- Has expert knowledge of all bill plan types and reconciliation of program project expenditures/payments.
- Assists in review of period of availability, letter of credit and sub recipient monitoring as related to institutional audits and prepares documentation as necessary.
- May support other divisions with post-award training assistance, classroom materials or other research administration tasks.
- Responsible for understanding all system and invoicing requirements for submission of request for payments from sponsors.
- Has oversight of sub recipient monitoring and invoice review and processing.
- Understands the entire award life cycle and provides collaboration and support for all areas within Sponsored Programs.
- Is a subject matter expert of eGrants processes and procedures.
- Oversees customer service functions such as ServiceNow, Pod meetings and Office Hours.
- Provides metrics of various teams for leadership review.
- Perfoms other duties as assigned.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research Financial Compliance
- Design processes to measure compliance with key measures
- Implement various monitoring strategies to assure posted transactions are appropriately documented and meet reasonable, allowable and allocable principles of research awards
- Continuously gather and measure metrics to identify training needs for various departments
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.