Sr. Facilities Planning Manager
Department: Interior Design Admin
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
Bachelor's degree in Architecture and six (6) years of experience in architectural design and inspection including three(3) years in clinical design or biomedical research laboratory design. Registration by State Board of Architectural Examiners is a requirement. Must have Healthcare Planning experience.
1. Works directly with healthcare executives, administrators, physicians, and nurses to plan, program and design healthcare facilities.
2. Assist in the preparation of business plans related to remodeling and new construction of healthcare facility projects.
3. Develops "Project Programs" in concert with designated staff for approved projects.
4. Prepares schematic plans from approved Project Programs, limited.
5. Coordinates with the Design and Construction Division to ensure the approved schematic designs are developed into construction documents.
6. Interviews users and provides professional architectural consultation services relative to user's needs.
7. Assist with developing programming and specifications for new construction, estimates and remodeling of existing campus buildings, including considerations for electrical, plumbing, mechanical and structural modifications using architectural skills.
8. Researches applicable buildings, safety codes and regulations relative to campus projects and plans submitted by outside architectural firms to ensure compliance, as needed.
9. Assist University Architect in review, design and administration of complicated and large scale major capital construction projects using architectural expertise, as needed.
10. Assist departmental users in final fit-out and move-in to major capital construction projects, as needed.
11. Assist with outside consultants and in-house design team to develop the design documents and specifications for University renovation and capital projects, as needed.
12. May supervise professional and/ or support staff personnel.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.