Stores Clerk- Animal Resources Center
Categories: Campus Services
Department: Animal Resources Center
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
High school graduation or equivalent and prior experience working on computers using ERP/WMS platforms. Must be able to lift/move 75 lbs. Must have possession of valid State of Texas motor vehicle operator's license when required by employing department. Preferred experience includes: Experience using Microsoft office products; use of Fork lift, Electric Pallet Jacks, Manual Pallet Jacks; and Commercial Driver's License or ability to obtain license as condition of employment.
- Unloads FedEx, UPS and Common Carrier trailers; inspects merchandise for damage; gathers pack lists and pertinent information to accurately determine recipient; and generates receiving documents and receipts.
- Use of computer to enter information from purchase orders and memos; generates and attaches barcode tracking labels.
- Process all boxes, cartons, and vendor shipping containers using computer to enter information from purchase orders and memos; generates and attaches barcode tracking labels.
- Transfer unresolved issues to customer service, assist and direct customer related phone calls by nature of the desk location.
- Place delivery reports onto correct package for delivery (paper busting).
- Enters information from receiving reports into Peoplesoft or SC Logistics delivery system and sorts completed work onto appropriate skid for delivery.
- Delivers merchandise using fleet trucks by loading and off-loading merchandise from trucks using variety of means including forklifts, pallet jacks, and manual loading techniques.
- Ensures that storage areas and stock rooms are maintained in clean and tidy condition.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.