Team Lead Animal Resource Center Operations
Categories: Research & Laboratory Support
Department: Animal Resources Center-Admin
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
High school graduation or equivalent and one (1) year of experience in an animal care facility / operations preferred. Certification at Assistant Laboratory Animal Technician (ALAT) level or eligible preferred.
- Assist with oversight of ARC Storekeeper, other operations staff members, and various contract staff for the ARC.
- Assists in conducting reviews of operations staff evaluations and implementation of attendance policies. Make recommendations for promotions and generates disciplinary actions for operations staff.
- Responsible for training and mentoring of operations staff.
- Ensures facility and equipment maintenance is meeting operational standards, conducts facility inspections, places service calls, and assists in managing the quality assurance program in the animal program.
- Assists with oversight of Physical Plant maintenance activities to ensure facilities are in good repair and functioning properly. Assist in maintaining compliance for accreditation of animal care program (ARC SOPs, IACUC policies, the Guide, AWA, NIH Guidelines, USDA, CDC, PHS policy, etc.).
- Serve as point of contact and coordinator for projects involving collaboration with various departments working with the ARC.
- Perform hands on maintenance of ARC maintained equipment. Make recommendations for new/replacement equipment and/or services.
- Assist with developing and implementing training materials for various departments and contract personnel working within the ARC facilities.
- Assists with record keeping for purchasing and census collection for animal care program. Assist Accounting Office with analyzing and correction of census data reports.
- Places purchase requisitions for the ARC.
- Serve as administrator of UT southwestern security system. Issue facility access in accordance with campus policies and procedures.
- Direct contact with a variety of animal species.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.