Technical Support Specialist II - Office of Human Resources
Categories: Information Technology
Department: Ofc of Human Resources - HRIS
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
Experience and Education
If area of employment requires use of a University-owned vehicle, employee will be required to possess a valid Texas Drivers License, pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check, and complete drivers training (or van training, if applicable), in accordance with UTS Policy 157, appendix B.
Diagnoses and repairs routine and complex computer related problems and/or refers complex problems to Technical Support Specialist III or other technical professional.
Installs software, personal computers, printers, and other peripherals as directed or requested by users.
Prepares recommendations for modifications or additions to personal computer systems, hardware components, and software applications; researches costs, market options, and trends available to meet user needs; keeps abreast of new and modifies hardware and software.
Troubleshoots routine technical problems and supports university Help Desk as required.
Functions as liaison between Information Resources and designated departments for ongoing and special projects, including ensuring users are adequately supported, developing documentation, recommending improvements, implementing new releases and features, and attending committee meetings.
Maintains and submits various reports, such as equipment failures, repair records, and data sheets relative to each user request need.
Designs web page text and visual content, navigational links, and page layout.
Consults with users to determine web needs and recommends solutions.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Other duties include:
- Performs routine and complex preventive maintenance, testing, and repairs with respect to computer hardware and software. Diagnose and repair complex computer problems related to viruses in conjunction with Information Resources
- Installs software, hardware, personal computers, printers, and other peripherals. Manages the Symantec Tape Backup System on HR Servers PE2800 and PE4600
- Update/designs web page text and visual content, navigational links, and page layout for the departmental intranet website. Updates/maintains Oracle passwords via OEM tool. Maintains various reports, such as the UTSW HR Computer Networking Equipment Tracking List and the Inventory Control Report
- Prepares recommendations for modifications or enhancements to personal computer systems, hardware components, and software applications. Researches costs and market options as well as submitting the orders
- Responsible for Department’s Media Technology support. Cross-training responsibilities include backup person for computer programmers
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.