Telecom Operations Installer
Categories: Information Technology
Department: IR Inf Svcs Inst Mntnc Admin
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
High school graduation or GED and six (6) months to two (2) years experience in installation and repair of telecommunications equipment.
- Installs, terminates, and tests copper and fiber optic cable.
- Installs and tests telephone sets, data modules, modems, patch panels, software, etc.
- Assists Senior Installer in cable record maintenance and installation documentation.
- Installs and assists Senior Installer with Fiber optic testing and/or splicing.
- Troubleshoots and repairs telephones, data modules, modems, and other telecommunication equipment.
- Troubleshoots and repairs network wiring.
- Performs fault isolation procedures on fiber optic and copper cable.
- Assists with special projects.
- Prepares, cleans, and organizes switch room and equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.