ULTRASOUND SONOGRAPHER - FRIDAY - MONDAY (8:30 PM - 7 AM)
Categories: Allied Health Professionals
Department: University Hospitals
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
Experience and Education
2. Patient Interaction: Verifies the patient's identification using two patient identifier as outlined in the hospital policies. Communicates with patients clearly and in a professional manner. Ensures proper patient preparation, verifies screening protocols, and answers questions. Evaluates patient's history and symptoms for the procedures clinical criteria. Instructs/communicates with patient and/or patients family (as appropriate) regarding the tests to be performed and assesses the patients ability to tolerate exam. Must demonstrate and maintain current knowledge, continued education and skills to provide appropriate care for the following age groups (specific to department): newborn, pediatric, young adult, adult and geriatric.
3. Exam Performance: Performs color duplex imaging procedures to include carotid, extremity venous and arterial studies, abdominal Doppler, small parts, OB/GYN, general abdominal/body or other tests as assigned. Performs non-invasive imaging evaluation of arteries and veins by Doppler and plethysmographic techniques. Verifies the requisition/chart for valid written order, priority date, ordering comments, physician's notes, precautions and patient consent forms. Performs high quality US examinations according to exam protocol in a timely manner. Assists the physician as needed in performing additional imaging or biopsy procedures. Ensures that images and records are properly completed with patient identification data and appropriate labeling. Utilizes technical knowledge and skills to perform procedures accurately and in a timely manner in accordance with age specific criteria. Completes exam charges and image documentation and forwards to radiologist in a timely manner. Administers contrast material as appropriate, observes patients for adverse reactions.
4. Job Performance May Include: Monitors and trains students in all areas of current competencies. Assists in the orientation and training of new staff. Participates in the modality specific QA/QC program and ensures compliance with regulations. Participates in various accreditation processes as directed.
5. Organizes and participates in conferences, seminars, and technical meetings.
6. Arranges for maintenance and repair of equipment following maintenance contract to eliminate or decrease down time of equipment.
Work Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Monday. Hours are 8:30 PM - 7 AM
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.