Wireless Networking Engineer - IR Network Services Administration
Categories: Information Technology
Department: IR Inf Svcs Ntwrk Svcs Admin
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
Bachelor's degree in a technical field relating to data networking and project management, or equivalent, with 5 years of job-related experience in a wireless environment. Aruba Networks certifications or CWNA required.
If area of employment requires use of a University-owned vehicle, employee will be required to possess a valid Texas Drivers License, pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check, and complete drivers training (or van training, if applicable), in accordance with UTS Policy 157, appendix B.
- Engineer, design, and maintain a complicated enterprise wireless deployment based on Aruba Networks wireless technology. Ensure the resiliency and stability of wireless networking services in a large campus environment.
- Provide ongoing operational support and troubleshooting of production issues, including wireless authentication and encryption protocols.
- Design and validate RF link performance, quality, and reliability for single and multi-floor buildings. Utilize current software applications for modeling and RF site surveys.
- Monitor and analyze statistical data to improve system performance using Aruba Airwave and other monitoring tools.
- Work with end users, contractors, consultants, and others for wireless networking deployments in both existing and new spaces throughout campus.
- Assist in the planning, configuration, deployment, and support of campus LAN/WAN infrastructure.
- Ensure the overall security of the enterprise wireless environment and relevant systems, including keeping current on the latest threats and security trends in wireless technologies.
- Test and troubleshoot new wireless technologies on an as needed basis.
- Coordinate with networking, security, systems, and project management personnel on ongoing technology initiatives.
- Provide Level-3 technical support for the University Service Desk.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Applicants with Aruba Networks certifications or CWNA highly considered.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.