Awards & AccoladesUT Southwestern Medical Center, one of the premier academic medical centers in the nation, integrates pioneering biomedical research with exceptional clinical care and education. The institution’s faculty includes many distinguished members, including six who have been awarded Nobel Prizes since 1985.
UT Southwestern Medical Center has received Magnet-designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Magnet recognition is the highest honor awarded by the ANCC, recognized nationally as the gold standard of nursing excellence. Only about 7% of hospitals in the U.S. have earned Magnet status.
UT Southwestern is the No. 1 hospital in Dallas-Fort Worth, second in Texas, and among the top 50 programs nationally in six clinical specialty areas, according to U.S. News & World Report. The six specialty areas in which U.S. News & World Report ranked UT Southwestern nationally for 2017-2018 are:
- No. 19: Urology
- No. 24: Geriatrics
- No. 25: Diabetes & Endocrinology
- No. 38: Neurology & Neurosurgery
- No. 39: Nephrology
- No. 50: Ear, Nose & Throat
UT Southwestern Medical Center is ranked in the top 25 institutions by The Scientist's 2013 Best Places to Work Postdocs survey due to our recognition of postdoctoral researchers as valued members of our scientific community.
Here are just a few of the many awards and accolades we've received:
- Magnet Recognition
- Best Places to Work – Dallas Business Journal
- Corporate Citizen Award – LaunchAbility
- Platinum Fit-Friendly Worksite Designation – American Heart Association
- Best Places to Work Postdocs – The Scientist
- Employer of the Year – Association for Independent Living
- Celebration of Diversity Award Finalist – Ernst & Young and the Dallas Arboretum
- Mother-Friendly Worksite – Texas Department of State Health Services
- Lex Frieden Employment Award – Texas Governor's Committee on People with Disabilities
- Top 10 Best Organizations for Leadership Development Award –
National Center for Healthcare Leadership
- 2015 Pinnacle of Excellence Award for Patient Experience – Press Ganey