This position reports to the Manager of the Services and Partnerships unit.
Appointment rank will be commensurate with academic accomplishments and experience.
UT Southwestern Medical Center Health Sciences Digital Library and Learning Center – Services and Partnerships Unit.
• MLS or equivalent from an ALA accredited institution.
• Strong teaching skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency with search techniques with a variety of biomedical databases and resources.
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong competency with technology tools such as Camtasia, Skype or Zoom, Prezi or PowerPoint.
• Commitment to lifelong learning and continuous professional development.
• Ability to work effectively within a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Ability to work creatively within a rapidly changing environment.
• Proven educational and research experience.
• 2 – 3 years’ library professional experience, especially in an academic, research or health sciences library.
• Background in relevant disciplines (e.g., biomedical).
• Knowledge of established and emerging instructional design and online learning techniques, including the ability to design library tutorials, videos, and interactive modules for learners at all levels of the organization.
• Experience with Learning Management Systems such as D2L, Moodle, Blackboard.
• Both collaboratively and independently designs, implements, and assesses library instructional services, including face-to-face, hybrid, and online learning opportunities, instruction sessions and workshops, and other approaches to developing student research skills.
• Develops and / or provides group and individualized instruction and materials to department clients in use of library resources and services.
• Provides in-depth research consultations to individuals and small groups.
• Performs research and reference searches in scientific and medical information and literature resources to address informational needs of clients.
• Presents orientations to departments and conducts other meetings as requested to provide research assistance or referrals.
• Conducts ongoing assessment of website content to identify gaps and develop related content.
• Participates in occasional campus and community outreach opportunities.
• Shares the routine workload of the unit (e.g., assigned reference services shifts, research requests, education and outreach services) as directed by the Division Manager or Research Services Coordinator.
• Participates in regular meetings of the unit and the library as appropriate.
• Promotes education, research, outreach and other library services.
• Participates in library, campus, local, regional, state and national groups, committees as needed.
• Assists in the development of strategic plans and objectives for the library and division.
• Utilizes EndNote and other bibliographic resources for retrieved citations/articles.
• Expands knowledge and skill base with professional development, continuing education and networking opportunities.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Apply on careers webpage : http://jobs.utsouthwestern.edu/