Job Number: 431153
Category: Skilled Trade/Facilities Mgmt.
Location: Dallas, TX, US
Department: 524011 – Thermal Energy Plant-Bass
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
High school diploma or vocational school and three (3) years skilled level experience is required.
- Installs, maintains and repairs equipment or utility systems.
- Assists in performing periodic inspections of major mechanical, electrical equipment and systems.
- Performs preventive or corrective maintenance tasks incidental to operation of mechanical, electrical or utility tunnel distribution systems in accordance with established procedures.
- Maintains records of equipment repair.
- Works in conjunction with trades or craft personnel in support of systems within power plant, chilling stations, utility tunnels or other underground utilities.
- Completes work orders using automated maintenance program systems.
- Informs appropriate personnel of unusual conditions, problems or deficiencies.
- Cleans and maintains equipment and work areas.
- Identifies and reports safety hazards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.