Job Number: 445476
Category: Professional & Executive
Location: Dallas, TX, US
Department: 152003 – Constituent & Ext Relations
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
Bachelor’s degree in related field, (10) ten years of related experience required.
An advanced degree in public relations, communications, or constituent relations and experience applying such knowledge in an academic medical center setting preferred.
A COVER LETTER AND WRITING SAMPLE MUST BE INCLUDED IN APPLICATION.
- Provides overall leadership in the design, implementation, and evaluation of a comprehensive philanthropy communications program in support of UT Southwestern. Ensures UT Southwestern’s philanthropy communications program is conceived within and driven by the medical center’s strategic plan as articulated by the President.
- Works collaboratively with communications colleagues throughout the University in developing and executing a communications plan for donors and potential donors, ensuring clarity and consistency in key messages and themes.
- Oversees the development of a core case of support for the medical center and its distinct units.
- Oversees and coordinates the establishment of communications standards for publications, web sites, campaign materials, collateral documents, and other components so that UT Southwestern can promote its philanthropic objectives within a clearly defined framework.
- Guides, oversees, and coordinates the Friends publications for the various community groups that support the University’s on campus clinical and research endeavors. These include, but are not limited, to the Friends of Alzheimer’s, the Friends of the Center for Human Nutrition, the Friends of Mineral Metabolism, the Friends of Heart, Lung, and Vascular Programs, the Mini-Medical School programs, Alumni mailings and solicitations, and the President’s Research Council.
- Coordinates the internal communication of policies and procedures for faculty and staff giving to UT Southwestern Medical Center.
- Coordinates the development of communication campaigns describing the philanthropic opportunities available to internal and external audiences, and identify the most promising venues for delivering key concepts.
- Serves as the department’s key liaison in working with colleagues across the University to ensure that web sites have appropriate philanthropic content; and that home pages provide clear, accessible, and functional opportunities for on-line giving. Evaluates the potential application of developing e-mail push pages and solicitation strategies for alumni and grateful patients who provide e-mail addresses.
- Recruits and builds a talented and experienced staff to serve as a resource for major gift officers and senior administrators in the formulation of proposals, talking points, executive briefings, and background materials. Supervises the writing/production of campaign publications, including case statements and collateral materials.
- Identifies and prioritizes key target audiences and shape consistent themes and messages to promote philanthropic interests.
- Remains up to date with best practices standards and establishes metrics for benchmarking performance against like programs. Establishes presence in professional organizations that serve as a forum for trends and achievements in development communications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.