Job Number: 200000A2
Location: Dallas, TX, US
Department: 701002 – Amb-CSA Hiring Pool
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or related experience preferred but not required
This job directly interacts with patients on the phone and/or face-to-face to support the front office operations of the outpatient clinics; works under close supervision to learn and demonstrate proficiency in a minimum of one (1) clinical front office operation within 6 months as well as other duties; and, maintains a patient centered attitude at all times, demonstrating compassion and empathy for patients and their families.
The job offers a career ladder based on progressive responsibilities and performance.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
- Learns and demonstrates proficiency in a minimum of one of the following clinical front office operations: a) Patient Registration and Scheduling b) Patient Access Call Center c) Patient Arrival & Admitting d) Patient Financial Services/Collections e) Patient After Visit Scheduling f) Medical Insurance Verification g) Internal & External Referrals Management h) Procedure Precertification & Authorization
- Learns and maintains up-to-date knowledge of the EPIC electronic medical record (EMR) system, front office clinical workflows and policies and procedures.
- Delivers superior customer service, representing UT Southwestern in a positive and professional manner to patients, colleagues and the community.
- Builds rapport and communication with internal and external team members to ensure best outcomes for the patient in a comprehensive clinical care model.
- Maintains patient confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA and UT Southwestern policy.
- Maintains neatness of customer waiting area; keeps area stocked with pamphlets and other materials as appropriate.
- Ensures adequate inventory of items necessary for day-to-day functions of clinic, such as office supplies and patient forms.
- Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: (a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; (b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; (c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or (d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.