UT Southwestern Medical Center is ranked in the nation’s top 15 hospitals for cardiology and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report for 2020-21.
Combining attentive, compassionate care with our extensive clinical and research resources, UT Southwestern Medical Center's Clinical Heart and Vascular Center delivers individualized care within pre-eminent health care facilities.
Our team works closely with patients to improve their cardiovascular health – whether they’ve had a heart attack, suffer from heart failure or congenital heart disease, have peripheral vascular diseases, or are at risk for developing another cardiovascular condition.
Our physicians also work in unison with researchers to deliver the most advanced therapeutic techniques available to treat heart and vascular conditions. Our diagnostic and treatment facilities enable cardiologists, vascular experts, and other specialists to offer advanced tests and procedures that significantly contribute to improved cardiovascular health.
Experience and Education
Licensure as Registered Nurse by Board of Nurse Examiners for State of Texas and BLS certification are required. Two (2) year of ambulatory clinical nursing experience is preferred. Strong communication skills and the ability to facilitate team based care.
1. Functions as team lead for a group of clinical staff (POD) assigned to specific patients to ensure efficient and effective patient care coordination of clinical procedures.
2. Ensures all patient quality metrics are completed by staff during the clinic visit(s) per protocols by staff to meet ACO requirements.
3. Assign clinical duties as needed to ensure effective workflows, patient care requirements are meet and clinical quality and safety measures are followed.
4. Works with supervisor to ensure staff has been oriented and trained for duties assigned.
5. Monitors patient registries for patients assigned to respective POD.
6. Coordinate follow-up and assign duties to clinical staff for patients in POD registries in order to close care gaps as defined by the ambulatory clinical quality program.
7. Monitors patient telephone requests and MyChart in-baskets for POD to ensure timely response to patient communications. Coordinates team assignments to effectively and efficiently respond to patient messages.
8. Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: (a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; (b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; (c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or (d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information