This role is reporting within the department of Radiation Oncology and not in our Information Resources Department.
The ideal applicant has had significant financial analysis experience either in academic setting or in a large medical practice. Must be organized, have an understanding of financial and clinical terminology. Must have proven supervisory experience.
Experience and Education
Bachelor's degree in business administration, computer science, or other related field and five (5) years business systems and/or project experience with exposure to systems or project development and testing, installation, and training.
- Manages projects and serves as primary customer contact. Defines and maintains project plan and schedules. Monitors compliance with definitions of project scope, timelines, and deliverables. Provides regular project status reports to customer and internal management. Assists business analysts of lower grade to coordinate projects.
- Collects, interprets, and documents specifications required to develop new and revise existing software applications. Develops and implements operational plans for new and existing business computer applications. Participates in development of project proposals for customers.
- Coordinates testing of new applications and changes to existing applications to ensure integrity and quality of data while providing and/or assisting in training of system users. Defines and develops test scenarios. Documents and tracks status of application errors and related issues in problem log. Assists programmers and business analysts of lower grade in analyzing and resolving problems.
- Compiles complete, concise, and comprehensive policies and operation procedures to assist in communicating issues to applicable management staff.
- Develops new system administrative procedures required, utilizing new functionality resulting from systems changes.
- Assists in developing and implementing business strategies in departments to improve operational processing and productivity.
- Monitors development of specifications and establishes priorities for accomplishing design and testing of various projects.
- Reviews, develops, recommends, and implements activites, programs, or functions as assigned.
- Maintains and tracks accounts assigned to projects or programs. Develops and maintains project plans. Provides project status reports.
- Records time spent on projects to meet cost-recovery requirements.
- May supervise lower level analysts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. As an equal opportunity employer, UT Southwestern prohibits unlawful discrimination, including discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or veteran status. To learn more, please visit: https://jobs.utsouthwestern.edu/why-work-here/diversity-inclusion/