UT Southwestern has an opening for the position of Supervisor, Grants/Contracts Specialists – SY-Lab Levi
Manage grants and supervise lab staff when Dr. Benjamin Levi is on service or has administrative responsibilities as Division Chief. This leadership role will interface with the Department in both the pre and post awards. Supervise all individuals in the lab as to daily expenses and long term spending. Ensure proper adherence to both Department and University regulation. Supervise and teach young faculty and research fellows. Develop budgets for Dr. Levi\'s grants. Assist Dr. Levi in preparation of the progress reports for grants, as well as helping to find, organize, and support future program grants such as U01s, P50s, and T32s. As a leader in the lab, will also be working on development of fund raising with the Department and the Institution as well as be a leader in coordinating wellness and diversity initiatives in the lab.
Bachelor degree in business administration, public administration, or related field and five (5) years experience in business or public administration to include two (2) years in a lead or senior role with emphasis on customer service in financial or contracting position required.
Applicants without the stated degree, but with significant additional professional applicable experience may be considered in lieu of education requirement.
- Provide administrative support to researchers by negotiating and processing confidentiality agreements, clinical trial agreements, and amendments/addenda.
- Handles ongoing grants management issues on items such as: obtaining required reports, interpreting award conditions, and acquiring approvals for various changes in awards or handle ongoing trial agreement management issues such as: negotiating the terms of the contract to the mutual satisfaction and requirements of the institution and the funding source, obtaining appropriate application materials, verifying budgetary requirements, and acquiring approvals at all levels.
- Provide guidance and assistance to researchers for contract/proposal development and submission by reading and interpreting sponsor guidelines for application preparation and content.
- Reviews and checks application materials for completeness, accuracy, and adherence to sponsor and/or institutional guidelines.
- Process and mail agreements/proposals in timely manner to obtain appropriate signatures.
- Manage workload priorities; assign and delegate responsibilities to contracts specialists.
- Serve as first point of contact for inquires from researchers, coordinators, financial analysts and other University and hospital staff. May review work in Director's /Supervisor's absence.
- Monitor workflow of office and ensure compliance with policies and procedures of university and department. Develop standard operating procedures to streamline workflow.
- Handle post-contract execution inquiries regarding payment of invoices, payment schedule, and other contract terms.
- Verify and approve check acknowledgement letters of receipt of contract funds.
- Serve as liaison between researchers and sponsors over funding issues.
- Assists Director and Assistant Director in development, implementation, and recommendation of department policies and procedures.
- Provides funding opportunity information to potential applicants by reading newsletters and announcements.
- Searches potential sponsor and/or grant websites to identify and match sponsor(s) with researcher.
- Sends application materials and information to researcher.
- Assists Director with Electronic Research Administration.
- Assists Director in preparation of UT Southwestern Research Administration News.
- Works with Director/Associate Dean for Research on special projects and reports.
- Make presentations to faculty/staff and outside groups on behalf of Office of Grants Management/Clinical Trials Office regarding grants/contracts management.
- *Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. As an equal opportunity employer, UT Southwestern prohibits unlawful discrimination, including discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or veteran status. To learn more, please visit: https://jobs.utsouthwestern.edu/why-work-here/diversity-inclusion/.