The Business Analyst will be responsible for identifying, developing, and testing processes and technical resolutions to meet departmental objectives. This will include translating business requirements into system/application solutions. The analyst will also be a system administrator for the external reporting and analytical system (currently implementing OneStream). The Business Analyst will need to analyze and document the required data/information, understand both technical and functional designs and specifications and provide user training for solution usage.
The successful candidate should be goal oriented and have experience in project management, system administration, finance, accounting, or other solutions development. Masters Degree with three years experience or Bachelors Degree with six years experience preferred.
Experience and Education
Bachelor's degree in business administration, computer science, information systems, or other related field required. Three years (3) years progressively responsible business systems and/or Information Technology project experience, with exposure to systems or project development and testing, installation, and training, required. Applicants without the stated degree, but with significant additional Information Technology systems and project experience, may be considered.
- Collects and interprets specifications required to develop new, and revise existing, software applications.
- Assists managers with development and implementation of operational plans for new and existing business computer applications, including preparation of user specifications.
- Coordinates testing of new applications and changes to existing applications to ensure integrity and quality of data while providing and/or assisting in training of system users.
- Compiles complete, concise, and comprehensive policies and operation procedures to assist in communicating Information Resources issues to applicable management staff.
- Assists in development of new system administrative procedures required, utilizing new functionality resulting from system changes.
- Assists in developing and implementing business Information Resources strategies to improve operational processing and productivity.
- Responsible for monitoring development of specifications and establishing priorities for accomplishing design and testing of various projects.
- Reviews, develops, recommends, and implements activities related to assigned activity, program, or function.
- Maintains and tracks accounts assigned to projects or programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.