The Southwestern School of Health Professions at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center is seeking applicants for a full-time Faculty Position at the Assistant Professor (non-tenured, clinician-educator) rank in the Department of Physical Therapy. Appointment rank and track will be commensurate with academic accomplishments and experience.
• Doctor of Physical Therapy degree
• Licensure in the State of Texas
• Minimum of five years of clinical experience in Pediatric or Neurological patient care.
• Completion of Pediatric or Neurological Residency Program – Recommended
• Pediatric or Neurological Certified Specialist (NCS) – Recommended
• Completion of terminal academic degree (PhD, DSc, EdD) – Preferred
• Prior experience in PT education
Description of Responsibilities:
This core faculty position will be involved in the areas of teaching in the Doctoral Physical Therapy Program, mentoring and management of the advanced residency program, clinical care, and clinical research. These responsibilities include:
• Assist in the development of didactic and clinical curricula
• Provide assigned classroom instruction in didactic and clinical phase of the Program
• Develop appropriate teaching and examination materials
• Provide assigned small group instruction in didactic and clinical phase of the Program
• Clinical responsibilities as assigned
• Serve on Departmental, School, and University committees as assigned
• Provide mentorship and assistance with assigned student research projects
• Provide mentorship, leadership, and didactic education with residency activities as assigned
• Provide mentorship and conduct regular meetings with all assigned student mentees
• Develop and progress in scholarly activity as applicable to faculty track
The program’s close affiliation with UT Southwestern Medical School provides faculty an opportunity to become involved in research and development as well as being in an environment conducive to educational and technological advancements. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. As an equal opportunity employer, UT Southwestern prohibits unlawful discrimination, including discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or veteran status. To learn more, please visit: https://jobs.utsouthwestern.edu/why-work-here/diversity-inclusion/.