Works under general supervision to Director Medical equipment planning
Associates degree plus one (1) year coordinating a medium size hospital or clinic related project; plus three
(3) Years working within a project team. Advanced degree may be used in lieu of years of
Experience on a year for year basis.
- Assist in maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures.
- Organizing, attending, and participating in stakeholder meetings to support project management team.
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings.
- Ensuring project deadlines are met.
- Determining project changes.
- Provides administrative support as needed.
- Undertaking project tasks as required.
- Developing project strategies with guidance from project management team.
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- Ensure stakeholder views are managed towards the best solution.
- Chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all project team members.
- Serve as leader to logistics team in hospital/clinic activation.
- Assist in other duties as assigned by project management team.
- Maintains a strong relationship with medical equipment vendor installation teams.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Basic knowledge of healthcare related medical equipment and devices.
- Basic knowledge of architectural blueprints and schematic designs.
- Basic understanding of medical equipment installation including mechanical, electrical, and plumbing.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Adept understanding of medical equipment logistics and scheduling.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of file management, transcription, and other administrative procedures.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines.
- Ability to serve as leader and help facilitate new hospital/clinic activation.
Work is performed primarily in a hospital or hospital clinic environment. Walking, standing, bending, turning and stooping.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents in lieu of stated minimum require prior approval of Vice President for Human Resources Administration or his/her designee.
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code §51.215.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. As an equal opportunity employer, UT Southwestern prohibits unlawful discrimination, including discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or veteran status.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.