This is a Business Analyst role within the Radiation Oncology department. The ideal applicant must have extensive experience managing and analyzing clinical data and associated financial information. It requires excellent computer skills, utilizing university’s systems (EPIC, billing systems) and other packages (spreadsheets, etc.).
Experience and Education
Bachelor's degree in business administration, computer science, information systems, or other related field required. Three years (3) years progressively responsible business systems and/or Information Technology project experience, with exposure to systems or project development and testing, installation, and training, required. Applicants without the stated degree, but with significant additional Information Technology systems and project experience, may be considered.
- Collects and interprets specifications required to develop new, and revise existing, software applications.
- Assists managers with development and implementation of operational plans for new and existing business computer applications, including preparation of user specifications.
- Coordinates testing of new applications and changes to existing applications to ensure integrity and quality of data while providing and/or assisting in training of system users.
Compiles complete, concise, and comprehensive policies and operation procedures to assist in communicating Information Resources issues to applicable management staff.
- Assists in development of new system administrative procedures required, utilizing new functionality resulting from system changes.
- Assists in developing and implementing business Information Resources strategies to improve operational processing and productivity.
- Responsible for monitoring development of specifications and establishing priorities for accomplishing design and testing of various projects.
- Reviews, develops, recommends, and implements activities related to assigned activity, program, or function.
- Maintains and tracks accounts assigned to projects or programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. As an equal opportunity employer, UT Southwestern prohibits unlawful discrimination, including discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or veteran status. To learn more, please visit: https://jobs.utsouthwestern.edu/why-work-here/diversity-inclusion/