UT Southwestern has an opening for the position of Education Assistant – Physician Assistant Studies Administration
Works under minimum supervision to provide administrative support for education program(s) of department. Provides administrative support for one or more of aforementioned programs as applicable. Relieves supervisor of variety of administrative duties, which involve thorough understanding of program(s) involved. Prepares or assists in preparation of complex schedules for one or more of aforementioned programs as applicable; ensures accuracy of information and coordinates distribution of material to faculty, staff, and affiliated institutions as required. Coordinates organizational details for didactic lectures, which may include preparing calendars and schedules, coordinating paper work for payment requests for Consultant and Lecturers for the education program. Performs other duties as assigned
- High school graduation or GED and three (3) years secretarial/administrative experience.
- Provides administrative support for one or more of following programs within department or unit as applicable: medical student education, graduate student education, internship training, residency training, and postdoctoral fellowship programs.
- Relieves supervisor of variety of administrative duties, which involve thorough understanding of program(s) involved.
- Coordinates details of application and interview process for one or more of aforementioned programs as applicable, which may include responding to paper and/or electronic requests for applications, creating and maintaining applicant files, scheduling interviews, making travel and hotel arrangements for interviewees, coordinating printing and distribution of recruitment materials, etc.
- Coordinates and/or prepares forms or paperwork regarding appointment, termination, evaluation/grading, credentialling, licensure, malpractice coverage, and training verification of students, interns, residents, and/or fellows; maintains files or records and ensures completeness and accuracy.
- Prepares or assists in preparation of complex schedules for one or more of aforementioned programs as applicable; ensures accuracy of information and coordinates distribution of material to faculty, staff, and affiliated institutions as required.
- Coordinates organizational details for special events, such as seminars, teaching conferences, lecture series, summer student programs, and recruitment events, which may include preparing calendars, schedules, or promotional announcements for distribution, making travel arrangements for speakers, making arrangements for banquets/meals for large groups, coordinating registration/membership materials, etc.
- As directed, processes on-line forms for payroll, vacation/sick leave requests, malpractice insurance payments, supply ordering, and/or operations needs.
- May assist supervisor in monitoring program expenditures within university guidelines.
- **Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. As an equal opportunity employer, UT Southwestern prohibits unlawful discrimination, including discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or veteran status. To learn more, please visit: https://jobs.utsouthwestern.edu/why-work-here/diversity-inclusion/.