This individual will provide administrative assistance to the Department of Radiology administrative suite. Support will include the Chair, Vice Chairs, Assistant Directors and mangers/coordinators. Duties include heavy calendar/meeting maintenance. Scheduling meetings, preparing agendas, resources, taking meeting minutes, following up on action items and scheduling follow up meetings are a heavy percentage of the job. In addition, this individual will provide timekeeping, ordering, reimbursement and when travel resumes, individual will assist with all aspects of travel. This individual will assist with Faculty and Classified Affairs as well as potentially operations management.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, working across multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to quickly able to learn new concepts, systems, and processes.
- Ability to accomplish tasks accurately and completely.
- Ability to effectively communicate thoughts and concepts in a clear, concise manner.
Experience and Education
High school graduate and four (4) years related work experience are required.
May perform some or all of the following:
1. Provides moderately complex administrative skills for a department.
2. Prepares, maintains and posts records, reports and budget information.
3. Prepares or directs the preparation of charts, graphs, and administrative, fiscal, personnel, and/or statistical reports.
4. Selects office vendors and monitors purchasing processes.
5. May assist with overflow work from administrative and executive assistants and fill in for the office receptionist as needed.
6. Schedules and organizes activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities for members of the department.
7. Composes and processes repetitive and non-repetitive documents in accordance to established procedures.
8. Organizes office procedures to ensure effective operation.
9. Acts as department liaison with other departments and agencies.
10. Processes all personnel and purchasing transactions following institutional policies and procedures.
11. Determines work priorities and monitors progress toward work deadlines.
12. Ensures document retention processes are followed using established guidelines.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. As an equal opportunity employer, UT Southwestern prohibits unlawful discrimination, including discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or veteran status. To learn more, please visit: https://jobs.utsouthwestern.edu/why-work-here/diversity-inclusion/