The Radiology Department at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, ranked the No. 1 Best Hospital in Dallas-Fort Worth, is seeking a board certified, fellowship-trained physician radiologist who will work with approximately 150 clinical faculty performing neuro-interventional, vascular interventional, body interventional, and musculoskeletal interventional procedures, optimizing the operational logistics of those procedures. The ideal candidate will possess deep expertise and proficiency in all image-guided interventional procedures. This faculty position will be appointed as the Vice Chair of Radiology Interventions, reporting directly to the Chair of Radiology, and working in concert with the Vice Chair of Clinical Operations acting in alignment and closely with their priorities and interests, consistent with the mission, vision, and values of the Department of Radiology. Appointment rank will be commensurate with academic accomplishments and experience. Consideration may be given to applicants seeking less than a full-time schedule.
This leadership position:
- Serves as the primary interface between the Chair and the Department’s procedural radiologists in all clinical radiology divisions
- Ensures that adequate staffing and scheduling meets the service-level requirements of the Vice Chair of Clinical Operations
- Oversees the University Hospital Radiology Clinic and serves as its Medical Director
- Ensures that patient evaluation and medical management clinic visits provide optimized care coordination of radiology procedural patients
- Provides the successful applicant with robust opportunities for research collaboration
- Offers the successful applicant compelling faculty benefits
- Research interests are supported by a culture of collaboration with our strong basic science and clinical teams within the department and across the campus
- Interdisciplinary care conferences that serve as springboards for clinically relevant research
- Robust research coaching and mentorship
- Advanced clinical and pre-clinical instruments and resources
- Administrative, biostatistical and logistical support resources within the department
Compelling Faculty Benefits:
- Faculty members have academic time as appropriate for special projects
- Radiology Department Resources of administrative, biostatistical and logistical support are provided
- Opportunities to collaborate with our strong radiology and non-radiology based basic science and clinical teams across the campus
- Excellent healthcare plans, competitive salary, and retirement benefits
- Dedicated academic time
- Administrative, biostatistical, and logistical support
- On-campus transportation system ensures mobility between the various clinical locations
- Nearby daycare with UTSW-affiliated rates
- Flexible work-plans as appropriate
Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex:
- Ranked among top 10 U.S. places to live with the highest pay adjusted to cost of living, with affordable housing and relatively low crime rates
- A thriving culinary scene, world-renowned arts districts, major professional sports teams, trendy entertainment venues, unparalleled shopping opportunities, and extensive parks and recreation
- A richly diverse metropolitan region of 7.1 million residents, with more than 200 unique cities
- Two major commercial airports
- Average commute time of less than 30 minutes
- Unemployment rate below the national average
- High-quality elementary and secondary schools, and 45 colleges and universities.
Compliance with the COVID-19 vaccine mandate enforced by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) is a requirement for this position. Federal law requires individuals holding this position to be fully vaccinated or have an approved exemption for certain medical, disability, or religious reasons. Individuals who do not meet CMS vaccination requirements are not eligible and should not apply for this position but are encouraged to apply for other non-healthcare positions at UT Southwestern for which they qualify.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. As an equal opportunity employer, UT Southwestern prohibits unlawful discrimination, including discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or veteran status. To learn more, please visit: https://jobs.utsouthwestern.edu/why-work-here/diversity-inclusion/.