UT Southwestern is looking to hire a Program Manager – IT Service Management in their IR Ops and Constituent Exp department. The IT Service Management (ITSM) Program Manager is responsible for leading the ITSM Program across Information Resources at the University of Texas Southwest Medical Center. This role manages all aspects of the IT Service Management program, including developing and executing on the program roadmap, developing service strategies and design, coordinating and overseeing service transitions, establishing service operation standards, and identifying continuous improvement projects as well as maturing the overall service delivery capability. The ITSM Program Manager works closely with the IT Service Management Board, Service Owners and the CIO providing status reports and escalating issues as required.
Experience and Education
Bachelor’s degree in related field and seven (7) years related project management, business analysis, business strategy or IT experience, or Master’s degree with five (5) years related experience. Supervisory experience required. Equivalent related experience may be used in lieu of degree. PMP certification and Masters degree preferred.
- Working with the CIO and the Assistant Vice President for Operations and Compliance, define the ITSM short-term and long-term roadmap and drive the maturity of IT Service ownership across the Information Resources organization.
- Identify and catalog services, map processes related to these services, and work to optimize and re-imagine services processes to improve service levels and delivery.
- Develop performance indicators and ensure the Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Service Level Objectives (SLOs) are published and met
- Promote and champion the benefits of Incident, Problem, Change, Request, Knowledge Management, CMDB and other IT Service Management processes
- Supports IT Service Management in the areas of incident, problem and change management as well as
request fulfillment. Also supports service level management and the service catalog.
- Lead continual service improvement, ongoing process improvement, and maturity through regular reviews of the process, tools, and stakeholder engagement
- Drive an improved user experience and measure customer satisfaction across all ITSM platform stakeholders
- Work with internal customers & all IT teams to ensure collaboration and meet service management goals and objectives
- Ensure all service management processes enable service agility
- Work closely with team members, customers, colleagues, vendors, and other stakeholders to continually improve performance and increase efficiencies.
- Oversees the annual strategic review of services as well as the regular review of IT Service Management process and procedures.
- Provides ITSM leadership and expertise, coaching staff as needed.
- Provide expertise and “best practice” guidance on process and service design.
- Set direction and reviews key program deliverables for quality.
- Monitor process adoption and maturity levels for key service management processes.
- Create a transparent reporting process to foster accountability and service culture.
- Advise the IT Service Management Board and CIO of progress against program goals and objectives.
- Measures program effectiveness and adjusts roadmap as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. As an equal opportunity employer, UT Southwestern prohibits unlawful discrimination, including discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or veteran status.