UT Southwestern is looking to hire a Help Desk Rep I in their Client Servcies department. Provide technical assistance to faculty/staff via phone, email & chat. Triage calls, resolve or escalate to appropriate teams within IR.
Experience and Education
High School and 2 years related experience required. Additional coursework in a related field, such as computer science, management information systems, etc. may be considered on a year for year basis in lieu of stated minimum experience. Associates or Bachelors degree in related field preferred.
- Responds to phone requests received by client services center from university staff and faculty for assistance with problems in areas of computer hardware, software, information systems, and/or telecommunications.
- Monitors pending requests to ensure prompt resolution of client problems.
- Maintains records and status of activities.
- Keeps abreast of current developments and changes in computer hardware, software, information systems, and telecommunications.
- Resolves occasional computer, telecommunications, or systems problems on site.
- Follows-up on resolved client contacts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. As an equal opportunity employer, UT Southwestern prohibits unlawful discrimination, including discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or veteran status.