Why UT Southwestern?
With over 75 years of excellence in Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas, UT Southwestern is committed to excellence, innovation, teamwork, and compassion. As a world-renowned medical and research center, we strive to provide the best possible care, resources, and benefits for our valued patients and employees. With over 20,000 employees, we are committed to continuing our growth with the best professionals in the healthcare industry. We invite you to be a part of the UT Southwestern team where you’ll discover teamwork, professionalism, and consistent opportunities for growth.
This position is a critical member of the department’s billing and coding team responsible for financial oversight and management of clinical charges valued at $320 million and collections of $101 million (FY22 numbers). Key duties include reporting and analysis of professional and charges and revenue, responsibility for training and compliance of the billing and coding team members, and creation and updating of policies and procedures within the university’s financial management guidelines.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or other related field and four (4) years progressively responsible experience in finance and/or accounting with experience in planning, forecasting, and financial analysis.
1. Completes variety of complex monthly financial management reports and reviews all reports for errors and inconsistencies; analyzes variations in forecasts and actual performance; determines reasons for variance; develops recommendations for improvement; completes written summaries of financial data.
2. Prepares and/or supervises preparation of monthly financial reports, schedules for annual financial reports, and reports to various government agencies, ensuring conformance of such reports with applicable procedures and regulations of University of Texas System and Federal and State agencies.
3. Identifies areas of poor performance, presents findings, and makes recommendations to upper management.
4. Prepares financial models and conducts financial analyses.
5. May maintain controls for policies and procedures for financial system; develops and maintains delegation of authority of various procedures, such as check requests, refunds, invoice approval, bad debt write-offs, etc.
6. Completes more complex special projects as requested.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
To learn more about the benefits UT Southwestern offers visit https://www.utsouthwestern.edu/employees/hr-resources/
For COVID-19 vaccine information, applicants should visit https://www.utsouthwestern.edu/covid-19/work-on-campus/
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.